The polarity between the sensational and the mundane is also the dichotomy between the sensational and the sensory in which the latter is left unmarked, unvoiced and unattended to, as a banal element of the everyday.

-Nadia Seremetakis

Friday, January 29

a love letter to Words

capturing expressions. like feathers of the flying

dear lover,

i peeled out of sleep in the darkness of this morning with thoughts of you traipsing in my mind, like a mad masters dance, releasing, mocking. my mouth transcribed all the formulations that you conjured in my mind onto paper, onto paper. i smiled. our days together have always brought a smile to my face, an upward bracket that held within it all my joys and dreams. but then i chanced upon the world of facebook and my eyes caught a sight of its reflection. vanity affects all beings. it was a phrase so beautiful i felt smitten by it, and yet, envy churned in me. confetti in my eyes. oh, what a beautiful partnership of words. a picturesque eruption i wished you would have conjured in my mind first. alas, you did not. what a disappointment.

but fear not, for my love for you is unwavering. it is like the calmness of the sea - a single plane of blue, like a blanket rhythmically sending vibrations across the land. waves. a single entity of never-ending pieces. i know that you will soon create voluminous wonders inside my mind, wonders such as the finger pressers of indented paper, the extractor of silent notes, & the seismic scale of ground gazing. i have faith in you, my love. only in you.


Yours truly,
n.

No comments:

Post a Comment