The polarity between the sensational and the mundane is also the dichotomy between the sensational and the sensory in which the latter is left unmarked, unvoiced and unattended to, as a banal element of the everyday.

-Nadia Seremetakis

Wednesday, July 15

the sit & stare routine

the sit & stare routine
newly developed
it involves the act of sitting at any random space
that is permitted in both public and private spheres. although. in private, you can sit anywhere you want. worst case scenario: you'd be compromising your own comfort
and staring at anything as long as it does not stir chaos or uneasiness of any sort to the person or object being stared at
and although I have been in a state of utter ugh
this new sit & stare routine has become effective for me
let me explain
because I have been trained to never waste time
a trait I believe most, if not all of us, have been taught to instill in our everyday
seize the day!
it is because of this very socialized trait, idea, thought
that the sit & stare routine is successful
as I sit & stare, I subconsciously realize that to merely sit and stare is a time waster
and yet I sit & stare
why?
because
I can
I must
but after a while
I snap out of it
because I actually realize how much time I’m wasting
engaging in this very act
and so
guilt crawls in
and I snap back into work
I become a more productive worker
in doing what I know I must do
making up for lost time
having sat
and stared

the sit & stare routine
do not disturb

No comments:

Post a Comment